- [frockwriter]: Nicole Warne signs with IMG as the MBFWA Insider
- Mugler, Nicola Formichetti Part Ways – Designer Luxury – Fashion – WWD.com
Thierry Mugler is parting ways with Nicola Formichetti, the super-stylist called in two years ago to rev up its inchoate fashion business, WWD has learned.(subscription req’d)
- Duchess Of Cambridge Patents Name For Charity Clothing Line (Vogue.com UK)
THE Duchess of Cambridge has applied to the Intellectual Property Office to trademark her royal title, so that one of her official charities can use her name on a wide range of goods and services – including apparel. The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will see its name emblazoned on “clothing, footwear and headgear”. The organisation’s name was changed after the royal wedding to include the mother-to-be’s new title.
- Brand war rather than price competition set to dominate Canadian retail | Trading Desk | Investing | Financial Post
Credit Suisse has a new report out today that explains how Canada’s retail industry is shifting from price competition to an all-out brand war. Analyst David Hartley and his team recently toured various retail stores in the Greater Toronto Area to survey the state of Canada’s retail industry, especially in light of Target’s arrival earlier this month. “The entrance of new players to the retail market in Canada is forcing retailers to have greater focus on product and assortment differentiation,â€ he said.
- It’s Time to Talk About Fashion’s Poor Payors – BoF – The Business of Fashion
A number of prestigious retailers have been squeezing young London designers on payment terms and, in some cases, failing to pay on time, which can be debilitating for emerging fashion businesses. These practices must be stopped.