The shopping phenomenon of Black Friday in the United States has crossed the border and Â is now a full blow affair in Canada. Retailers in the country have realized the power of these sales and are making it easier for Canadians to get bargains without traveling very far. So, what is I want â€“ I got doing for Black Friday? Let me break down some of the plans I’m making for November 29, 2013.
The biggest bang for your in person shopping buck will be at one of the various malls in the GTA.Â Yorkdale, Eaton Centre, Vaughn Mills and Toronto Premium Outlets will have extended hours and tons of shops to explore.
Toronto Premium Outlets is having a Black Friday weekend. I have my eye on these deals:
– Adidas is 50% off the entire store
– J. Crew is 40% off the entire store. I got my eye on some sweaters.
– Hudson’s Bay Outlet is save an additional 40% off Ladies Dresses and an additional 20% off Ladies Fashions
The Eaton Centre is being very secretive with their sales and the list of participating retailers won’t be available till November 28th at 9:30pm. I’m hoping there are deals from some of my favourite shops like Zara, Club Monaco, Aldo, Sephora, J.Crew, Nine West and Maison Birks. The Eaton Centre opens at 6am so get a good night sleep
Vaughn Mills will be opening at 7am on the 29th. They will also have a shuttle service leaving from Union Station for us downtown folks. It departs at 6:30am, 10am and 1pm. Nine West is having a secret sale that has me excited and Lacoste is offering 50% off everything in store. Check the website for more information on the shuttle and for additional sale information.
The mall of all malls, Yorkdale will be open at 7am. Details on the bargains to be had are not available at the moment (check back often), but they will be broadcasting live on TV all day.
This time of year is great for buying a new smartphone as there are deals galore.Â For Black Friday weekend (November 29 â€“ December 2, 2013) Virgin Mobile has smartphones from $0 and double the data on select plans with all the benefits of being a Virgin Mobile Member. Members get exclusive deals with awesome brands like H&M, and a shot at VIP access to events you want to be at. Â Check out all the details on Black Friday deals and the benefits of being a Member here.
Designer shoes for Black Friday are music to my ears. TheSeptember.com is offering 40% off select designers styles throughout the day.Â Here is the schedule:
10am Surprise Designer!
10am -12pm Strategia
12pm â€“ 2pm Paul Andrew
2pm â€“ 4pm Surprise Designer
4pm â€“ 6pmÂ Aquazzura
6pm – 8pmÂ Marc by Marc
Looking for a camera and not a smartphone camera? Canon Canada.com has started their Black Friday pricing now! You can get an EOS Rebel T5i deluxe bundle for $999.99.
So, I’ve spilled the beans on my plans. What are you doing for Black Friday? Join the conversation and you will be entered to win a $75 gift card to shop at eLUXE!
How To Participate
You can enter the contest multiple ways
1. Leave a comment on this blog post
2. Post a photo of your top Black Friday wish list item to Instagram and tag @iwantigot and @virginmobilecan in the comment.
3. Like this blog post on the I want – I got Facebook page. or my personal facebook page.
4. Tweet you plans to me at @geekigirl and @virginmobilecan.
Submissions must be received by December 2, 2013 11:59AM EST. If they come in after they will not be in the running for the prize. The winners will be selected randomly from the submissions.
I’ll announce the winners on December 2, 2013 at 3pm.
1. The contest is open to residents of Canada.
2. I reserve the right to change anything if I have to.
3. There are no prize substitutions. If you cannot take delivery I will pick another winner.
4. I will accept 1 entry per person per social media platform. You have 4 ways to win.
This post was sponsored by Virgin Mobile. The views and opinions expressed in this blog, however, are purely ourÂ own. Happy Shopping