- Hermès pressured to uphold traditional practices in LVMH feud – Luxury Daily – Legal/privacy
- Business: Washington Post Business Page, Business News
April 8 (Bloomberg) — Counting on the old adage that sales of affordable luxuries like lipstick and scarves climb in tough times, Hennes & Mauritz AB is rolling out a new chain called & Other Stories that focuses on upscale accessories. As it seeks to make up ground lost to rival Inditex SA and win a bigger share of the $111 billion market for shoes and accessories in western Europe, H&M is opening seven outlets of the chain across the crisis-ravaged region this spring.
- Walmart Canada launches glossy magazine | Toronto Star
We’ll take your flyer, Target, and raise you a glossy Walmart magazine. The battle of the popular-priced retailers heated up Monday with the launch of a free glossy 100-page publication, Walmart Live Better magazine.
- New-look Hudson’s Bay pushes retail growth plan – The Globe and Mail
“We’re searching around the world for fantastic concepts that we can bring to Canadians,” Mr. Baker said in a recent interview. “We have the locations, we have the real estate, we have the infrastructure.”
- Nordstrom plans second Toronto location as part of Canada expansion | Retail & Marketing | News | Financial Post
Nordstrom is bolstering its expansion north of the border with plans to open a second location in Toronto. The high-end U.S. retailer announced on Monday that it will open a new location at Yorkdale Shopping Centre in fall 2016.
- Zara probed over slave labour claims in Argentina – Telegraph
Immigrant workers, including children, were discovered by the workers’ rights group, La Alameda, producing clothes for the label in “degrading” sweatshop conditions, investigators claimed.
- Lululemon announces departure of exec, reasons behind sheer yoga pants | Toronto Star
Lululemon Athletica Inc. (TSX:LLL) says its chief product officer is leaving the retailer, just weeks after it pulled its black Luon pants from store shelves because they were too sheer.