I’m in love with this new webseries from PayPalCanada called The Future in Store. It talks about the technology developments in the retail industry. It’s hosted by my golf buddy Amber Mac and Doug Stephens, Retail Guru.
I have to admit that the Kate Spade Saturday shop wall is a really good looking installation. After seeing the eBay Now spot, it looks like personal delivery is going to be a big trend. Hurrier just started in Toronto and it will be interesting to see what other stores they partner with. Red Laser could be very, very dangerous to window shoppers!
Episode 2 features
1. NeighborGoods: http://neighborgoods.net/
2. Fancy: http://www.fancy.com/
3. PayPal innovation at the eBay Inc. Commerce Innovation Centre at New York City
4. Nordstrom: http://shop.nordstrom.com/
5. Nomi: http://www.getnomi.com/
I found Nomi the most interesting in episode 2. It’s very Big Brother but I’d be curious to see how the data is applied to changes in merchandizing and store design.
I’ll continue to post more of the series as they become available.