The FDCC is proud to announce that applications for the Fashion Design Council of Canada Designer Development Fund (FDDF) applications are now available! The FDCC has created the FDDF to support an aspiring Canadian Designer at the early stages of their career. This fund will assist the chosen designer in building their brand and business.
The Fashion Design Council of Canada is dedicated to supporting designers with a runway, market, and access to media to launch their collections. Now, with this fund, we want to extend the potential to build their brand and assist designers with the necessary tools to help them grow in this new economy.
– A minimum financial reward of $10 000.00 to be used toward implementing and furthering the recipients business objectives.
– Business mentoring from Robin Kay, President of the Fashion Design Council of Canada, Director LG Fashion Week.
– Runway Category Fee at LG Fashion Week Fall 2010.
– Applicant must have an established womenswear and/or menswear fashion design business in the Canada.
– Applicant must have been in business for a maximum of 4 consecutive years, and a minimum of 2 consecutive seasons.
– Applicant must be a designer of ability, exemplified through editorial coverage.
– Applicant must be able to demonstrate wholesaling for the duration of your business.
The deadline to apply is July 3, 2009. Please visit, FDCC Designer Development Fund to download the application form and get all the details.