So, this year I lost my mind and I decided to create a holiday gift guide. I’m usually anti-gift guides because I’m not much of a Christmas person and gift guides are a shit ton of work. I don’t know what made me change my mind this year but here we are. People have told me this is a good idea, so I hope you find it helpful or amusing.
This is the part one of four in the I want – I got Gift Guide series. I have so many favourite things I wanted to include. This gift guide is very much I want – I got. You’ll see things I want, things I got and other obsessions.Â Some things are affordable and some aren’t but I’ve tried to mix it up.Â The list covers fashion, beauty, electronics, art, toys and booze. Basically, all the items on the gift guide are I want – I got approved.
So, join me on this exploration of things I would love to see under my tree at Christmas.
- complex geometries Coma Sweatshirt ($240) – online at complexgeometries.net and Fawn (967 Queen Street West, Toronto) carries complex geometries in Toronto
complex geometries Long Turtleneck Dress ($262) – online at complexgeometries.netand Fawn (967 Queen Street West, Toronto) carries complex geometries in Toronto. Looks like the gold turtleneck is sold out folks. There are grey and navy options.
- Synergy Jem & The Holograms doll collection ($125) – Holt Renfrew (50 Bloor Street West, Toronto)
- Dean Davidson Plaza Ring ($185) – Holt Renfrew (50 Bloor Street West, Toronto) and online at DeanDavidson.ca
- HermÃ¨s Clic Clac H Bracelet ($645) – HermÃ¨s (130 Bloor Street West, Toronto) and online at Hermes.com
- HermÃ¨s Brazil Enamel Bracelet ($565) – HermÃ¨s (130 Bloor Street West, Toronto) and online at Hermes.com
- Givenchy Dahlia Noir Eau du Toilette ($77-$90) – The Bay, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sephora in store and online
- Balenciaga Florabotanica Eau de Parfum ($63-$115) – The Bay, Holt Renfrew, Murale in store and online, Shoppers Drug Mart and Sephora
- Maison Martin Marigela (untitled) ($110) – The Bay in store and online
- Fan di Fendi Pour Homme ($68-$88) – The Bay in store and online, Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart
- Demeter Fragrance Mahogany ($16) – Loblaws and demeterfragrance.com
- Moncler S Mayuko Jacket ($2095USD) Moncler.com, Holt Renfrew (50 Bloor Street West, Toronto) has a small selection of Moncler S
- Mykita x Moncler Lino Sunglasses ($600USD)- Moncler.com, Mykita.com
- Gap Twill Parka ($134) – Gap in store and online
- m0851 Medium Weekender ($475) – m0851 (38 Avenue Road, Toronto) and online
- Philip Sparks Slip Dress (
$595on sale $446.25) – Philip Sparks(162 Ossington Avenue, Toronto) and online
- Smythe Great Coat ($895) – eluxe.ca
- Dell XPS13 Ultrabook ($999-$1399) – dell.com
- Worn Fashion Journal Subscription ($36 for 2 yr Subscription) – wornjournal.com
- Print from YellowKorner (Starting at $63) – YellowKorner (Shops at Don Mills, 34 Clock Tower Road, Toronto) and online
- Church’s Classic Burwood glossy leather brogues ($440) – Net-a-Porter
- Jeremy Laing Mouton Knit Sweater ($645) La Garconne
- Jeremy Laing Ridged Fan Sweater ($545) – Jonathan + Olivia in shop and online
- Maison Martin Margiela Glitter-finished raffia brogues ($940) – Net-a-Porter
- AGO Membership ($45-$1,999) – Art Gallery of Ontario (317 Dundas Street West, Toronto) and online
- ROM Membership ($97-$1800+) – Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen’s Park, Toronto) and online
- TIFF Membership ($99-$600) – TIFF Bell Lightbox (Reitman Square, 350 King Street West, Toronto) and online
- Opera Atelier, The Magic Flute Tickets ($40-$160 single tickets or $90-$280 Subscriptions) – The Elgin Theatre (189 Yonge Street) and online
Check back tomorrow for Part 2 of the I want – I got Holiday Gift Guide.