I participated in a little bit ofÂ TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) events this year. First stop on my journey for 2012 started at the eight annual Tastemakers Lounge at the InterContinental Toronto Centre hotel. They had a number of brands including Yorkdale Mall, La Senza, Indeed Laboratories, The Tea Emporium, Kiss, Popchips, John Allan, Demeter Fragrance Library, Kimberley’s Own All Natural Granola, Bobble, Le Dolci, Viviscal Maximum Strength, Me + Youâ€¦ and Emjoi MICRO Pedi in the lounge and all ready to give free stuff to celebrities coming through.
Media types got a smaller selection of goods with big-ticket items going to talent.
Here are my top swag picks
- Kimberley’s Own All Natural Granola is wheat- and gluten-free, oat-based granola. I had the Just Seeds flavour and I’ve already finished off the bag I was given. It was delicious.
- I love Microsoft mice. Every mouse I’ve loved to death has been an MS product. So, I was delighted to get the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse “Year of the Dragon” from Yorkdale, who will be welcoming a Microsoft store as part of their expansion.
- La Senza is the only store I shop at for underwear for many years now. The reason is simple, variety of styles in my size. Other shops I’ve visited don’t stock very many styles in 32A and it gets frustrating when you find out you have four styles to choose from in a stores with dozens of styles available. I received a bra from their latest “Beyond Sexy” collection which I love and is different from the standard neutral colour I would normally choose. I took home a $75 gift card too which I promptly spend on underwear.
- I haven’t made my mind up about Indeed Labs‘s eysilix, the 5 in 1 eye contour treatment. It claims to do it all so I’m going to see how it stands up to my favourite StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate.
- My favourite tea shop, The Tea Emporium was there and I got a little pack of Garden of Eden/Crimson Sunset tea mix to take home.
- I’ve tried the imPRESS Press-On Manicure product and was pretty impressed. People thought they were real. They were showing off some fun new colours like neon pink and navy blue. I’m still not convinced about the Nail Dress products which are stickers. I tried some Sally Hansen nail stickers the weekend before and got two nails in before I quit. At the lounge they had manicurists apply the stickers. That didn’t go well either, it was a bit rushed and I ended up removing the stickers before I got on the elevator to head back to the office.
- Demeter Fragrance Library had their fragrance bar setup and I got to learn a lot about the company and their scents from the CEO. I’m kinda obsessed with them now as the scents are so pure.
- My number one product from the Tastemakers lounge is Emjoi’s MICRO Pedi. This portable, hand-held pedicure product is the best thing ever. It’s a micro mineral roller that gently and effortlessly buff away the dead skin on soles and heels. It’s the best beauty product I’ve tried this year.
Many celebrities passed through the Tastemakers Lounge over TIFF and you can check out the photos of their adventures courtesy of Rock-it Promo’s flickr site.
images: courtesy of Rock-it promo