There are some trends I got behind this year that aren’t for everyone. I’ve drunk the fashion koolaid if you will on some trends. Here are the ones that made it into my closet.
- 1. Jumpsuits – This really started at Fashion sCares, but I acquired several more jumpsuits over 2009.
- 2. Leggings – leather and liquid. I enjoyed getting my Member’s Only liquid leggings for cheap. I wore my Danier Leather legging to death in the fourth quarter of 2009
- 3. Skinny Jeans – like leggings, it took me awhile to wrap my head around skinny denim. It looks great with boots and now I have a hard time liking other styles. Figures just as the skinny trend is waning (perhaps?)
- 4. Harem pants – By the end of the year I had acquired a beautiful pair of harem pants from Biddell
- 5. Drop crotch pants – I got my first pair early in the year and I was lucky enough to get a pair of Biddell’s famous drop crotch denim.
- 6. Oversized Tshirts – The relaxed easy wearing nature of the style made it easy to buy in. Hello Complex Geometries.
- 7. Jean Leggings – I got a pair of Joe’s from Holt Renfrew PR. However, I think my skinny Second Yoga Jeans were very legging like too. More sturdy also. I got those before the jean leggings fad.
I love the strong shoulder and thigh high boot trend, but it was somethings that I never made it to my closet.